Recovering community one coffee, one meal, one life at a time
– Mike Macdonald • Eleven – Eleven Cafe and Eatery
A Food Truck On a Mission
We believe that recovery saves lives. We believe in long term treatment, and that everyone who wants recovery should have an opportunity to get it. Did you know 90% of people that need treatment in Canada do not receive it? It’s a staggering number and it is time to change it. We have long term treatment programs, an award-winning Family Healing Program, long term housing for alumni as well as a budding alumni program, and a recovery food truck.
The food truck is part of a social enterprise project under the Fresh Start Recovery Centre’s umbrella. All profits generated will go back into helping more men and families get well from the disease of addiction. We are here to inspire a message of hope and wellness. We employ and provide opportunities to people in recovery, and are working on changing the conversation surrounding addiction recovery. Addiction impacts us all, so whether you are in recovery, know someone in recovery, or are somewhere in between, there has never been a better time to bring this issue forward. Recovery saves lives and impacts families for the better. When you come to us, you can be confident that you will Eat Good and Do Good. For more information or to donate to our project visit www.eleven-eleven.ca
The team at Eleven-Eleven and Fresh Start Recovery Centre
We envision the Eleven-Eleven Food Truck to be:
1. Family Oriented – a place everyone feels welcome and seen
2. Serving simple, healthy and wholesome food
3. Fast paced atmosphere with upbeat and energetic staff
4. Comfortable and kind
5. Serving quality food with a flair for recovery
6. A welcoming space to meet up before and/or after recovery meetings
7. A place to eat and an opportnity to do good
8. A social hub, connecting people both face to face and through our online forums
9. Partcipanting in sober vents such an Recovery Day
10. A place to meet up for recovery outings and adventures – You tell us
The recovery food truck which can be located by using the Calgary Street Food App, checking our social media pages or by going to our website. When you eat with us, you can be confident that you will Eat Good and Do Good.
For more information, to book the truck please contact Lisa Simone, National Communications Director at Fresh Start Recovery Centre at [email protected]
Your gift changes lives.
We rely on your time, talents
and contributions to help men
on their road to recovery.
FROM OUR BLOG
- August 15 @ 6:00 pm - August 22 @ 6:00 pm